Surgery done

Discussion in 'Front Porch Chat' started by NannyPatty, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Feb 7, 2018 #31

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

nannypattyrn Neighbor Contributor

Yes, we have a wonderful church family who provided meals for 5 days. The hubs is helping anyway he can and our kids are checking on us.

2. Feb 7, 2018 #32

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

Lol! Thank you, Tiffany.

gumpy, Fort and tiffanysgallery like this.
  3. Feb 8, 2018 #33

BugoutBob

BugoutBob

BugoutBob

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

supportive community makes such a difference

Fort, NannyPatty and gumpy like this.
  4. Feb 8, 2018 #34

ReadyMom

ReadyMom

ReadyMom

Awesome Friend Contributor Neighbor

Wishing you a speedy recovery. How long does that actually take to 'get back on your feet'? I need to get surgery on my feet, also and put it off year after year (bump at the base of each of my big toes. Doc said it's extra bone growth! Makes wearing shoes VERY painful). Glad you got the scooter. I would opt for that, too! I had to use crutches once and found I really have NO upper body strength to move even an inch. Ended up using a wheel chair. Might want to get a bell for that new vehicle while you tool around ~~ zoom-zoom!

Sewingcreations15 and Fort like this.
  5. Feb 8, 2018 #35

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

NannyPatty

My surgery was for a heel spur on my Rt heel. I put it off until I was in constant pain before I had it fixed. I'm 4 weeks non weight bearing. Then 4 more weeks in a boot.
    I'v had my Lft great toe done 3 times. I wasn't supposed to put any wt on it for several weeks. The last time the dr had to resurface the joint. That's been 2 or 3 years ago and no problems.
    So, depending on the type of repair done 4 plus weeks off of it. I would not let the dr work on both feet at the same time! It's hard enough with just one.
    The longer you wait (voice of experience) the more extensive the repair will ve.

6. Feb 9, 2018 #36

gumpy

gumpy

gumpy

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

The bones keep growing thru the bottom of my feet where the toes hook on at. The first time I had both feet done at the same time. Never again!! The surgeon had to go through the top of my foot, cut the bones off, then screw them and wire them together. I woke up during the surgery and felt something tugging on my leg, but my vision was all green! I realized that there was a frame with a green curtain on it in front of me. I pulled myself up on the curtain frame and the surgeon was standing down there with a pair of wire cutters in his hand. He looked up and said "What are you doing?" He nodded to a nurse and she did something and I was gone! That was strange and I think of it every time I have had surgery.

Caribou likes this.
  7. Feb 10, 2018 #37

Caribou

Caribou

Caribou

Time traveler Neighbor Contributor

I had A fib after a bypass operation. They decided to electro cardiovert me. That woke me up. The filter here prevents me from reporting on my language. It was an interesting experience but waking up in a procedure once is enough.

gumpy and Sewingcreations15 like this.