Anyone Leave Country For Dental or Medical

Discussion in 'Front Porch Chat' started by Meerkat, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

1. Feb 14, 2018 at 12:48 PM #1

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

Awesome Friend Neighbor Contributor

My granddaughter is in need of some paridontal bone graphs for genetic defect.
    I was looking on youtube for info about procedure and came up on sidebar about how cost effective it is in Mexico and how if you do your research right it can be as good as here.

gumpy and BugoutBob like this.
  2. Feb 14, 2018 at 12:49 PM #2

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

What do y'all think ?

BugoutBob likes this.
  3. Feb 14, 2018 at 12:56 PM #3

Caribou

Caribou

Caribou

Time traveler Neighbor Contributor

A doctor of mine has a dentist friend that works half the year in Mexico. The insurance is less and he doesn't need to hire an army to fill out the paperwork. He makes more money and still charges the patients less than half.

gumpy, Meerkat, Peanut and 3 others like this.
  4. Feb 14, 2018 at 5:28 PM #4

snappy1

snappy1

snappy1

I got my meds in Algodones when we lived in Quartzsite but never had any work done. DH wants to get dentures which would be so much less there, but he is afraid to go over the border. He thinks they would lock him up for his looks. (old hippie)

gumpy, Meerkat, Peanut and 1 other person like this.
  5. Feb 14, 2018 at 5:49 PM #5

BugoutBob

BugoutBob

BugoutBob

@Meerkat I have several friends who travelled to Mexico to have their dental work done and they were very pleased with the results. They had dental implants done. I know they did a lot of research for the right dentist before going

snappy1, gumpy, Meerkat and 1 other person like this.
  6. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:05 PM #6

BBQJoe

BBQJoe

BBQJoe

Void where prohibitied Neighbor Contributor

Dental care is very inexpensive in Mexico.
    Just like in the good 'ol USA, there's pro's and there's your hacks.

But one thing people don't much think about is this: Mexicans are people too.
    They like to be healthy just like us. They'll shun a doctor who is incompetent just like we do. They don't like pain anymore than we do.
    They also want to keep their practices, which means doing a good job.

Medical travel is going to be the wave of the future if our healthcare system continues as it is.
    I had all my teeth pulled in Mexico, and didn't die.
    I've had dentures made in Mexico in a day, and I didn't die.

I just had my hip replaced there, and didn't die.
    I'm scheduled to go back to the same surgeon next month, and get my knee replaced.

Most dental offices in Mexico are on a walk in basis. Many times doctors are recommended from friends who have already vetted them.

I'm not certain about dental, but I'm going to guess it's all the same, but there is an outstanding service you can find online called Heath and wellness Bazaar.
    They will find you a doctor, make your appointments, even meet you at the border to take you to your appointment. I would suggest them to anyone. They are very nice people, and easy to get along with.

Good luck!

7. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:07 PM #7

Peanut

Peanut

Peanut

I had surgery is France once but it wasn’t intentional. The morning after my surgery a nurse got me into a wheel chair and rolled me and my iv pole down to CT. It had broken, they wanted me to fix it! o_O

8. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:08 PM #8

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

Thanks all for info and since this is considered cosmetic [ bone loss cosmetic, bunch of crap ]. She will have to pay cash or credit card. They like to travel and I hear you can park your car on USA side of border and walk into town where it is done.

snappy1, BugoutBob and gumpy like this.
  9. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:29 PM #9

Justin76

Justin76

Justin76

We get our cleanings and things done over here, thankfully we have good teeth and our health in general is really good and no real problems.
    A cleaning runs me about $75. A lot of people go to Shenzen for major work.
    A friend of mine had implants put in for his top front teeth. He didnt take care of them and the bone was all gone. That ran him about $20k usd. I dont think he shopped around though.
    A lot of people go to Thailand for health checks surgeries and its fairly cheap the care is top notch.
    Lately the fad is fly to Korea to get nose jobs, lip jobs and eyes made bigger, everyone must go to the same doctor because they all have the exact same pointy nose and rubbery looking lips and big dead doll eyes

10. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:48 PM #10

gumpy

gumpy

gumpy

Thanks for the information. I made a note!

snappy1, BugoutBob and Meerkat like this.
  11. Feb 14, 2018 at 6:59 PM #11

Meerkat

Meerkat

Meerkat

Her teeth look fine except a small space between her front ones and that area is where they said bone loss is happening and best to get it done now while she is young and it is minimal or disease sets in.
    What I don't get is they want her to buy braces and wear them first for awhile then have bone graph.o_O:confused:. I told her to do more research. And some here told me they never were told to get braces before surgery. So I looked up things and came across Mexico.

snappy1 and BugoutBob like this.